At first, Dubai appears like a vast expanse of desert broken only by huge hills. A second later you scramble to readjust your vision, as a glass and steel metropolis unfolds itself like a shimmering mirage in the Arabian Desert.
Welcome to Dubai. The UA E’s biggest city remains architecturally and geographically unparalleled. The last few years have witnessed its leap to record-breaking highs, thanks to the fierce ambition of its people and good governance.
This guide includes:
- 9 colour maps
- Expert recommendations on gold and luxury shopping
- Detailed information on Dubai’s biggest attractions including Mall of the Emirates, Burj al Arab, the Palm, Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa
- Practical information on desert safaris and day trips from Dubai
- Special features on Sharjah and Al-Ain
- Full colour pages packed with inspirational images