We all have our favourite coffee shops – be it for the coffee, the accessibility or simply for the view. And of all the coffee shops that I have visited in Dubai – I have a few places that I tend to go back to again and again – mainly for the view.
Here goes –
- Costa @ Madinat Jumeriah – The unobstructed views of the canal and Burj Al Arab make the coffee drinking experience unique.
- Starbucks @ Al Manzil – How about coffee served with the spectacular view of the world’s tallest building?
- Costa @ Food Court Departure Lounge in Dubai International Airport Terminal 1 – I am, of course partial to this one for many reasons. This happens to be my ‘spot’ – for this is where I spend much of my free time writing. Okay, so I have no explanation why this is so, but it is so. Over a sip of coffee, you get to watch the runway, planes taxiing to a stop, planes taking off, cargo being unloaded…
- Costa @ Emirates HQ Metro Station – Overlooking Terminal 4, this is where you get to see the big planes – the A380s come and go.
- Boardwalk – While I never come here strictly for coffee, I love the breakfast and the coffee (usually they serve Starbucks coffee) and the views of the creek and the boats anchored alongside the restaurant spilling over the creek.