Not without reason I have this strange feeling that you are going to think me a complete weirdo as far as food is concerned. But you see, the world is full of people eating them, I just happened to be where it was being served.
By far the most difficult food I have eaten till date is Century Eggs. Perhaps if it didnt smell so much…but hell it does raise a stink. You can eat is whole (which happened to be what I did) or you could ask it to be added to tofu and soya (the soya sauce disguises the foul smell and errr…taste)
When I was done eating here is what I told myself…
1. Mopane worms taste just like Cheetos. (Do you remember seeing Christian Bale shoving live wriggly worms into his mouth in the movie Rescue Dawn? Well, whats good for Mr Bale is good for me – although am not too sure if he was eating mopane worms or just WORMS!!!)
2. Balut was a little chick “alive” till a few minutes ago (anything that has been alive recently is OK)
3. Tarantulas, minus their squishy, runny tummies, were like crisp onion rings
4. Dogs and snakes were ‘everyday’ meals, full of goodness
5. Dragonflies, bushmeat, intestines, gut, kidneys or even sheeps balls taste great after the fourth beer
6. I will never eat sea urchins again (unless I was paid to do it)
I WILL NEVER EAT CENTURY EGGS AGAIN EVEN IF I WAS PAID TO DO IT.
A little about the smelly eggs here